“Lets celebrate or saree together in various initiatives by Devditi."
Every pleat tells a story
Date: 19 December 2015 Venue: Holiday Inn, Mayur Vihar,
Saree Saga, is an event designed for women to enjoy the ‘Saree’ and have fun wearing the ‘Saree’. Women from different cultures will come together to celebrate the ‘Saree’. We want women to realize that ‘Saree’ is the ‘Indian Drape’ that not only makes a woman look graceful but also makes her look sensuous and stunning. It is not an old fashioned way of dressing but an Evergreen Drape that has evolved with changing trends but has still managed to retains its elegance.
- Welcome Note
- Dance Performance showcasing the various ‘sarees’ around the country
- Fashion Show, showcasing how the ‘saree’ has evolved over ages
- Awards to embrace women and make them our celebrities
- Participation by supporting social NGO.
- A display of various sarees & accessories that go with a ‘saree’
- Lots of interactive games to make women have fun
- Each woman will be a winner on that day
Devditi is a platform to rediscover ‘The Indian Woman’ in each lady while celebrating our glorious culture through interactive and entertaining mediums. Our starting point is the Story of the 6 Yards, the tradition that seems to be dying in the fast moving modern lifestyle. For the same, we had launched our facebook community on the 27 April 2015 ‘IndiaSareeChallenge’ which has been receiving a tremendous response from women all over the country. The current community size of 3500+ women actively engaged through our online campaigns & is fast growing.
INDIA SAREE CHALLENGE
Our facebook community of more than 3500 women, is growing at a very fast pace. We started as a 30 people group & in less than a period of 6 months we have grown to over 3500. We engage women in lots of online activities all with the aim of reviving the culture of saree wearing, a few are listed below:
- Lehriya challenge | 13-15 August
- Raksha-bandhan Challenge | 28-31 August
- Teachers day Challenge | 4- 7 Sept.
And an ongoing Saree Marathon with many more challenges to come.